[Debconf-video] testing ansible playbook - containers?

but never tested, and something about "doesn't have the dynamic bits in place"

I would like to test it, but don't really want to setup a pile of physical machines.

my laptop only has 8gig, so I'm not sure it will handle enough VMs. (I think on the order of 8-12 targets for 2 rooms, streaming, file server, whatever.)

I hear I might be able to use containers. I have looked into lxc/lxd and docker/docker-compose ...  it all looks promising, but I can't figure out exactly what to really do.

If someone can give me a script or whatever that will set up an environment to test the playbook I'll test and log issues and all that.

I don't expect to hook up any video hardware (hdmi2usb, cameras, bm cards) or even run vocto.   I just want to run ansible-playbook (probably on my laptop) and look at the results (logs and config files)

--
Carl K