Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconfsubs-team] subtitling 101

Hi,

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 11:28:00AM +0200, alberto fuentes wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:50 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One more query, why is debconfsubs team on the alioth infrastructure,
> > shouldn't it have been on the debconf infrastructure along with other
> > mailing lists ?
> I wasnt in the beginning. It is probably because it was easy to setup. But
> its not really important, there are bigger things to tackle first.

yes, for historic reasons and because it is indeed easier to setup
things on alioth, anybody can do that, while for adding stuff on
debconf.org infrastructure you need an account.

the subtitle effort started as an kind of an add-on on top of the
videoteam, they worked independently and improved the videoteams work.

today it seems like we'll have subtitling as part of the videoteam work
from the beginning, which is great, "but" it's also a new thing.

and "now" is probably also a good time to do changes to the
infrastrcuture setup…

(also, this historic seperation is mostly rooted in different needs and
focuses which still exist today: some people want to provide videos and
some want to create something on top of these videos, subtitles.)