Re: [Debconf-video] Coordination volunteers for the "Moderators" tasks

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollito@riseup.net> wrote:

On 12/08/15 12:01 PM, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> It usually works best if an audience member is nominated to take IRC questions.

Could the moderator be in charge of finding someone at the beginning of the talk to do this? This would be a load of our shoulders for sure.

This is a good idea. Usually there are plenty of people willing to relay irc questions within a given talk... the problem being that everybody happen to forget to check irc in a particular talk.

Having the moderator have a checkmark for asking somebody to do it explicitly at the begining of the talk would assure theres somebody looking

Or you could just have a specific role in the volunteers page to do this :P