Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Schedule proposals and decision for the next meeting

> On 29 Mar 2015, at 23:48, Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please discuss it also with video, to see if they can manage the schedule/which slots cannot be recorded.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.  90 minutes should be enough time for
> every member of the video team to eat and have spare free time on top
> of that (assuming that they are taking the shifts before and after
> lunch, which is not necessarily what will happen).  Most people
> usually take less than 30 minutes to eat, so that leaves 60 minutes
> free time for everybody.

Video-team is often understaffed, so it is difficult to have shifts, and usually core-video team will do a check of equipment over lunch [solving problems, changing cassette, etc.]

Note: the problem is not only for video-team, but whole orga-team: we will spend much time to look for people. The venue is smaller (i.e. more packed) than dc12 and dc13, but…

I think we can live with 90 min, but IMHO it will not be a enjoyable period for us.

So I would make 2h (or 1:45) and take time from afternoon break. 1h break in full summer it could cause beer and relax (so skipping last talks).

> Why would there be slots that cannot be recorded?

Some people don’t like to be recorded (first timers, sensible topics, and possibly because more reasons [maybe something like CTTE and SPI board meeting, but I’m not sure]

> Also, this is the team mailing list, if the video team is concerned
> that 90 minutes for having lunch is not enough for them, they should
> be the ones saying so.

I’m a video-team member (but not a core video-team).

marga: really we should act and ask teams explicitly. We need to reduce the surprise factor. Not having answers, don’t give us free of problems [and BTW we return on orga running middays (and also all day) to find people and fix stuffs we didn’t recognise before] [and BTW is it this a task of coordination, to be sure all relevant team give informations?].

ciao
	cate