Re: [Debconf-video] video meeting for dc15, video sprint

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:38:29AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I applaud having a meeting!
>
> On Montag, 9. März 2015, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > It's getting necessary to start planning video for debconf15. I'd like
> > to propose a team meeting on IRC, preferably this week still.
>
> why the hurry? IME experience it's best to decide on a date which can be
> announced a week in advance at least.

RichiH said that debconf orga would like a budget proposal from us "this
thursday". I think that's impossible, but I also think we should at
least try to give them a reasonable (though preliminary) number ASAP.

> when do you plan to announce the date+time?

Today :-)

I notice that the highest number of people that can attend is four;
three of those times are today. However, I have to cancel mine for
today; a customer called, and I have to go fix their network, and I'm
not sure how long that will take.

So I suggest taking the four people slot for tomorrow, at 18:00 UTC,
#debconf-video, OFTC.

> > In addition, it would also be nice to have a video sprint, so we can
> > evaluate various possiblities and possibly, eventually, migrate from
> > DVswitch to "something else".
>
> my idea was also to have a sprint together with the ccc video team people,
> cause they have a similar though different setup and are like minded people...
> and also because that would mean to have the sprint at *least* a month before
> debconf, which I think would be pretty much desirable.

Right, makes sense.

We'll discuss it during the meeting?

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26