Re: [Debconf-video] unsupported video setup for Helsinki?

(re-adding Daniel to Cc, since he's most likely not subscribed. Don't do that!)

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:09:05PM +0200, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> Hi Louis-Philippe (2015.08.16_12:03:20_+0200)
> > > Is there any equipment available that could be used to take the HDMI
> > > signal and record it to disk, use it as a webcam for Jitsi Meet
> > > (remote participation) or even stream it?
>
> I'm afraid not.
>
> We don't have HDMI capture hardware. [1]

Indeed.

We do have plenty of twinpacts left, though, and also a number of
expresscard firewire devices. That might be a possibility, and I might
be willing to help you play with that, provided it's not in the kind of
timeframe of "my talk is in 10 minutes, and I still need to figure this
out"...

Having said that, though, please note that the video team does not have
the resources to officially support you with that.

> > but I wonder, why would you want to do this?
>
> Probably because that room doesn't have video team coverage.

Most likely :-)

> SR
>
> [1]: That said, Wouter accidentally brought a device that might help
> you. Speak to him.

Not unless Daniel has an SDI capture device. I don't think so.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26