[Debconf-video] git annex://conference_proceedings

Hi,

(this mail is more scetchy than I would have liked, nonetheless I want to send
it out now and not in three days, when there will be my next opportunity to
work on this... feedback, corrections and other comments very welcome!)

for some time I wanted to use git annex to manage and securily store the
Debian+DebConf video recordings and I'm very happy that finally Richi Hartmann
has beat me to it!

For now, I've clone his git annex repo as
https://github.com/h01ger/conference_proceedings but I hope we can work on
_one_ common repo soon.

Anyway, if you dont know about git annex yet, head over to http://git-
annex.branchable.com/ and read what it's about there. There are very neat use
cases explained on that frontpage, which should give you the basic idea very
fast.

For video.debian.net I envision we're having one central place to store the
videos (and other content) plus several backup storages:

apu.debconf.org: 100% trusted storage backend - the source
archive.org: reliable storage backup (copy)
amazon s3: reliable storage backup (copy)
ftp.acc.umu.se: reliable storage backup (copy)

We'll configure git annex so that we'll always want to have the files in at
least three locations.

ftp.acc.umu.se will remain the main visible frontend / mirror, serving content
to be announced/propagated as http://video.debian.net (for those who don't yet
grok the conference_proceedings joy :)

Current problem: I've started a migration (see
/srv/videotmp/conference_proceedings on apu) but had to cancel the git import
as the partition is too small. Richi, your help solving this on IRC will be
appreciated! ;-)

cheers,
	Holger