Re: [Debconf-video] dvswitch issue

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I mentioned on IRC, the dvswitch isn't working.
>
> I tried to make some investigations, but DV stuffs are stuffs I really
> don't know...
>
> problem 1: some stream don't show up (like Main camera in main room).

Run dvgrab on the box the camera firewire is plugged into.
report back what that says.

(can be done over ssh so that someone can cut/paste the output here)

> problem 2: some streams have an orange warning sign in the thumbnail.

the 2nd stream has a different DV than the first source - these need to match:
audio - 16bit
video - pal or ntsc.

The twinpact can be switched with the switches on the back.
cameras can switch the audio, but I think the video is fixed.