[Debconf-video] video annotations for DebConf13

Hi DebConf video team,

We are working on a live annotation interface for streaming video,
and want to bring it to bear on hacker conference videos.
The idea is that it lets viewers streaming the conference share notes as
talks are happening (through web or IRC), integrates with a similar "video on demand"
interface including the same annotations and allowing more refined
tagging, and even allows some form of basic editing for resynthesizing out of
all of the videos.

We'll be testing a system this summer at Ohm, the Dutch hacker camp,
and were thinking we could bring it to DebConf too.

Our system will not require extensive hardware.
A single desktop will take encoded streams as input over the local network
and expose chunked streamdumps with a one- or two-minute "tape" delay
through a web interface. Ideally we can make the service simultaneously
available both locally and on teh intarwebz!!11![1]

All of our tools and development[2] are (A)GPL, and ideally would be packaged
for Debian in advance of DebConf.

Is there any interest?

daf & rmo

  [1] Similar to https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:Network-debconf12.png