Re: [Debconf-video] Video Team Infrastructure for Debconf

Hi Thomas,

On Donnerstag, 24. März 2011, Hector Oron wrote:
> I don't think my company (GPLHost) can do more Debian sponsoring, but
> we have quite a nice network that could be used by the Video team. In
> Paris (which should be fairly connected to Bosnia), we have a 1Gbit
> connection without any kind of traffic limitation. I'd be happy to
> give a VPS to the video team for doing relay.
>
> We also have servers in Zurich (100 Mbits), London (quite enough too),
> and Singapore (10 *real* Mbits, which is expensive enough in the
> region), that could be used as secondary relays too.

thanks for your offer! a system in Singapore sounds definitly like a good
improvement. our requierements are quite easy: a debian system running squeeze
and the icecast2 daemon from squeeze.

> Please pass this message to whoever is taking care of the video
> streaming this year.

debconf-video@lists.debconf.org is the right address. It's usually very low
traffic, less then 100 mails per year, with 70 of it in the month of DebConf
:) (IOW: maybe you can subscribe?)

I've added your offer to the (just now created)
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Videoteam page.

BTW, it would be awesome if someone could create DebConf11 videoteam pages
like we had last year: software, hardware, todo, streaming, penta workflow,
howtos, help, etc. - IOW: copy the relevant pages from DebConf10 (or create
placeholders, like for the meeting page or the todo one :)

I guess it would help tremendously to set this all up already now - and not
during debcamp ;) The documentation we created last year was quite very good,
for this year we can make it even better by starting earlier and building on
last years work.