Re: [Debconf-video] Some hints about video materials

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> On Dienstag, 21. September 2010, Luca Bruno wrote:
>> following a suggestion from zack, we tried to record most of the talks
>> at recent italian mini-debconf.
>> We did our best and we also succeeded in real-time streaming, even if
>> with limited manpower and camera hardware (so I'm quite happy about
>> it :)
>
> yay!
>
>> I now have circa 90GB of video+audio footage in raw DV format, to
>> encode somehow and upload to the video archive.
>
> yay!
>
> :)
>
>> As zack is byting me to have it done soon, and as I never worked as
>> part of the videoteam, can you please give me some guidance on this?
>> In particular I need to know how do you usually encode them, and where
>> I could put them for you.
>
> http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2008/fosdem/ has
> scripts we used to encode that FOSDEM.

todo[0]="Apt_Xapian_Index___Enrico_Zini.dv  00:00:00  00:51:23  00:51:23"
todo[1]="Creating_a_nice_view_into_the_Debian_archives___Frank_Lichtenheld.dv
 00:00:25  00:36:09  00:36:34"

You need to create that array of data, which isn't going to be fun.

Luca, if you can get me a .csv or json file of:

Room Name ("room1" if there is only 1 room)
Start - datetime (whatever format is handy)
Duration in minutes, or HH:MM:SS
Title - Human reada
Presenters - comma seperated list of people's names.

I can help you with the processing system I use:

http://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar

There are docs, but I don't expect anyone to be able to figure it out
so best to find me on IRC in #DVswitch.

--
Carl K