Re: [Debconf-video] suggested codecs/formats for videos

On 25 Aug 2010, at 13:49, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@debian.org> wrote:

Nothing stops you from transcoding to one of those formats.

Indeed, and I have, but I was kindly asked not to distribute the transcodes, and instead to provide feedback on what codecs should be provided on this list, which I have done.

Re: patent issues. I am well aware of the issues, but we are not discussing the packaging of software in Debian, but instead the distribution of multimedia data, which are not the same thing.

--
Jon Dowland
Apologies for the brevity, sent via phone