Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-infrastructure] Sponsored hardware from Solarflare

Hi Ben,

On Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2009, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > The equipment likely to be available includes 1U servers with 2 Xeon P4
> > processors and (I think) 2 GB RAM, and various managed gigabit Ethernet
> > switches with up to 48 ports.  These are all rack-mountable.  There may
> > also be some PCI and PCI Express firewire cards and cables available.

i guess we would prefer servers over switches, though one (or maybe two)
switches might be nice.

servers can be useful for video encoding (whom do i tell.. :) but we could
also really use a second video file server and in the past local build
machines were also really nice. (eg, i could use a fast machine for some
piuparts work...).

so, servers as many as reasonable fit in your car? ;)

unfortunatly we dont know yet how many talks we'll have at the same time to
cover, but I assume its safe to plan for a dual-stream setup. and of course,
extra encoding machines could be used to create more streams, eg for playing
with dirac.

was that a helpful reply?

regards,