[Debconf-video] Video of the Skolelinux Lern- und Arbeitswochenende

Hi everyone,

Holger was so nice to point me to this list when I posted on user@skolelinux.de about the Video of the Skolelinux Lern- und Arbeitswochenende in Gütersloh last weekend.

Let me first introduce myself. My name is David C. Weichert, I live in Bielefeld (Germany) and try to contribute to Skolelinux/Debian-Edu.

At the gathering we experimented with video and I took some of the footage home on my harddrive to produce a screencast. At the moment a very low res version is located at: http://www.skolelinux.de/~dave/ movies/skolelinux_lern-_und_arbeitswochenende_0709_streaming56k.mp4 Please note that I am not a video buff -- in fact this is my first digital video editing work whatsoever.

I have a better quality version with roughly 300MB, but I don't have access to a suitable server. Holger told me, space would be available at http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/ and that this list is the canonical (no pun intended) place to ask. So I do.

The video is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/ 3.0/ mainly because the music by try^d I used is licensed in the same way. (See: http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/3661/). I am not sure whether http://wiki.debian.org/ DFSGLicenses#head-67131dbee718a24e1d227819dd818784aceb9cc9 applies or not, i.e. whether the license is DFSG compatible. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I do not want to violate the musicians rights.

Please notify me, if it is possible to host the content at your location.

Best regards
David