Re: [Debconf-video] Re: debian-multimedia-BOF at debconf6/MX?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:45:24 +0200, Erik Johansson <erjohan@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/1/06, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> wrote:
> So no there was no technical reason, well we choose to do it in a way
> that hindered streaming.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I don't disagree with any of that at
all. But, maybe there are some ways to have both full quality DV for
editing and also provide streaming.

I think Herman expressed a will to go HD for Debconf6, not sure how
that will work out. If we do, it's going to be quite hard to handle
those datastreams. But I shouldn't be guessing since I'm not going to
Debconf6[1], and I don't know what kind of equipment is comming.

As long as there are cameras at location I'm guessing they will figure
out something.

 For the talks there will only be standard definition video recordings,
most probably NTSC.  There are not enough HD cameras around, and real-
time processing in software is marginal on current hardware.

 Besides, publishing HD is too much of a space and bandwidth hog for us.
The audience is quite limited, too.  Not everyone has multi-megabit
Internet connection, a large display and a fast computer.

--
Herman Robak