[Debconf-video] irc kick-off meeting

Hi there,

debcamp starts in roughly three weeks. Since yesterday we know that we'll have
10mbit uplink (synchronius).

So I think we should have an irc meeting soon, to discuss our strategy and get
us going. I would propose to go for streaming as it is actually less work:
post-processing will then be the backup-solution, where we can rely on tapes.
normally we stream live and creates files with proper names and all encodings
on the fly. so that in the nites, we can go dancing :)

We have a rough list of hardware we have, we should make a proper list out of
this.

http://media.debconf.org/dc6/images/oaxtepec/plateau_area_metres.png

http://layer-acht.org/debconf6/video/ has pics of the audio equiqment in
Oaxtepec.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6Video is relativly empty (I just created it
yesterday, please go there and add your name there and stuff you know) - this
page should become our general overview page. (I will go thru the
debconf-video list archive and dig out some relevant information from there,
like the stuff we researched about streaming allready etc.)

For the IRC meeting I propose to collect topics for an agenda at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6VideoMeetings - atm this is also empty, but
should be filled til the meeting.

Which leads to the question, when? I would propose either this Thursday,
Friday or Saturday at 18 UTC. Please speak up! I think we should do this real
soon now - time is running!

regards,