[Debconf-video] Re: debian-multimedia-BOF at debconf6/MX?

Herman Robak wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:19:45 +0200, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> wrote:
Herman Robak wrote:
I would love to exchange wishes and assumptions, and have assumptions
shot out of the water.  The devil is in the corner cases.
I am on the Debconf6 video team.
Ah! will there be live streams of debconf6?
 I don't think so.  We will try and publish the videos within a day.

Hmm ... is there a technical reason not to stream them live? It is possible if you scale down the video. We (Joern Nettingsmeir and myself) did this last year for the Linux Audio Conference 2005 and will be doing it again for LAC2006.
http://lac.zkm.de/2005/streaming.shtml
http://footils.org/cms/pydiddy/wiki/LinuxAudioConference2005

How many folks are on the video team?
 I don't know exactly; I know of five members.  We need many more than
five people, so volunteers are appreciated!

I probably can't make it to this year's conference, (though I'm suddently seriously considering asking to take off work for it) ... But, I think I'm going to plan on being at debconf7. (is there a date set?) If it is decided that live streaming is possible and desirable I can offer Radio Free Asia's relay servers and bandwidth. LAC2006 is 27-30 April so the RFA icecast relays will be in working order already by debconf6 time.

 You can ask on debconf-video, the IRC channel or the mailing list.

I've just joined and cc'd debconf-video on this so we can continue this discussion there.

Thanks,
Eric Rz.