Re: Organizing the video team

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 10:36 +0200, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 09:53, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 23:29 +0200, Herman Robak wrote:
> > >   I thought so, too, until I discovered a really annoying quirk in my
> > > new HDV camera: It cuts the sound during tape eject and tape insertion.
> > > The timecode is reset when I switch tape, too.  So my long continuous
> > > harddisk recording has two 5-second periods of silence, and non-contiguous
> > > timecode.  Ick!
> >
> > Sounds annoying :-/
> >
> > See my separate post about audio -- if we do audio recording separately,
> > we may be able to live with this sort of thing. There will be plenty of
> > visual cues to sync the sound in post-processing,
>
>  This assumes a fair amount post-processing, of course.  I have said
> that I am willing to do some post work.  One person is too little;
> anybody else?

I'm planning to help out with any post-processing that is done.  I
wouldn't expect that we'll be doing a large amount of editing though.

The work flow I was thinking about goes like this:

Camera->Kino/dvgrab->USB2 Drive->Moved to another computer->Kino for
minimal chopping->ffmpeg pipe->XviD/DivX->web server

We'll need to patch kino for bug 308669:

GNU/Linux users will use Totem/Xine/Mplayer/VLC to watch the video (XviD
works without Marillat's pacakges.)

Windows users will use Windows Media Player with the XviD codec (plays
after downloading but doesn't stream) or VLC (better since it will
stream from apache)

Mac users???

John