Re: First tests: dvgrab and kino work, ffmpeg being difficult.

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 17:03 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Friday 06 May 2005 02:47, Herman Robak wrote:

> > Gross hack that might work: Using netcat to send
> > dv1394 capture over the network to the streaming
> > server.
>
> I'm not sure about this, but reading from the DV cam with cat seems like
> a good idea to me - simple tools are less likely to fail, IME.
>
> John, have you tested, which software works with your cams ?

Kino and dvgrab will capture live video from all three cameras without
major problems.  Camera->Kino->USB2 works very well, and I'd think
that's a safer bet than streaming the raw DV over the network to a
central server.

I'm going to experiment with setting up ffserver on nixnuts.net and
streaming to it via ffmpeg this week.

John