DebConf24 bid for Birmingham, England

Hi,

A late-breaking bid which we had discounted earlier in the year, but talks
this past week have led us to think is viable.

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/24/Bids/Birmingham

Given the time constraints this is very skeleton, and it's fair to say that
without academic support we would be buying our way out. But we believe
that's viable within the sorts of budget numbers circulated for prior
conferences, and there are lots of advantages to an easily-accessible,
Western Europe conference in a reasonably economical city this year.

Similarly the checklist is not fully documented yet but we have been
referring to it for the bid page so we can ensure items are generally being
covered as we go.

Thus please treat it as a serious bid, and if not successful this year it
will provide competition for others and the foundations for a more prepared
bid in future years. We will continue to progress and refine it between now
and the end of the year.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51
ed25519/0x196418AAEB74C8A1: CA619D65A72A7BADFC96D280196418AAEB74C8A1