Re: Proposal: DebConf Algorave - DebConf23 - India

Hi!

El 08/08/23 a las 19:03, Joenio Marques da Costa escribió:
> Hello folks,
>
> There are any news on this topic?

Just in case, the Content team address is content@debconf.org (now in
CC). And FTR, I am unable to find your first mail in my mailbox.

> I'm considering to submit a talk with this proposal, but I would like first
> to ask here first if you are still considering to answer it.

Anyway, you saved us some time, this is rather a request for the local
team.

Dear local team, is it feasible for you to provide support (space,
infrastructure) for the request below, and also for the Live coding -
atelier permanent :
https://debconf23.debconf.org/talks/59-live-coding-atelier-permanent-art-experimentation-engineering/ ?

Could the above mentioned atelier permanent fit in a noisy hacklab?

> [...]
> >
> > ## Requirements for artists
> >
> > The constraint for any artists to be accepted to play is to agree to use
> > Debian in at least one part of their setup, usually live coders use more
> > then one equipment, including laptops, arduinos, midi controllers, etc,
> > at least one equipment being used by the artist must runs Debian.
> >
> > ## Infrastructure
> >
> > - One projector
> >    - If possible, One additional projector 2 to mirror the projection
> > - PA system
> > - Audio cables
> > - HDMI cables
> > - Microphone
> > - Physical area for people to attend the event
> >    - If possible, area enough for people to stay stand up and options to
> > seat down
> >    - If possible, drinks and snacks for people attending the event
> > - Internet and live stream
> >
> > ## Long-term goals
> >
> > - Bring artists to get in touch with Debian community, learn the Debian
> > philosophy, etc
> >    - Opportunity for action: Support artists to use Debian in their Live
> > Coding practices
> >    - Expected result: Open issues on Debian bug trackers to improve
> > Debian for Live Coding
> > - Bring Debian developers into the Live Coding practices
> >    - Opportunity for action: Test Debian for live coding practices,
> > solve live coding issues on Debian
> >    - Expected result: Increase the Debian use and visibility in the Live
> > Coding community
> > - The final long-term goal is to improve Debian for Live Coding practice
> >    - Opportunity for action: Create a collaborative feedback loop
> > between artists and developers
> >    - Expected result: Debian as the Universal Live Coding system
> >
> > ## Concerns and Open questions
> >
> > - No presentation with recorded music, then no issues about copyrighted
> > music
> >    - But we don't know exactly what are the risks imposed by the 'IPRS'
> > license
> > - The DebConf Algorave is about live created (realtime) music and visual
> > improvisation
> >    - It is more about improvised art performance then about live music,
> > it is not a DJs set!
> > - It can be similar to other non-tech art activities already in place ad
> > DebConf but it is not the same
> > - DebConf Algorave is not just to have fun doing electronic music but
> > even more important is to improve Debian for Live Coding practice
> >    - Create incentives for people to use Debian for art creation,
> > specially Live Coding
> >    - Create incentives for people to improve Debian for Live Coding
> > practices
> > - Maybe it can be combined with the Cheese and Wine party, the plan is
> > to do it consistently every year
> >
> > ## Invited live coders
> >
> > For now there are some names in the radar to be invited, but the
> > invitation depends on the approval of this proposal.

Could you please clarify if they are already planning to attend
debconf23 or not?

> > - Jagannathan Sampath
> >    - Author of the "din is noise" (DIN) tool
> >    - Based in Chennai, India
> >    - The DIN is yet not packaged in Debian
> >    - DIN site: https://dinisnoise.org
> >
> > - Abhinay Khoparzi
> >    - Live Coder artist based on Bombay, member of Algorave India community
> >    - Has experience organizing Algoraves in India
> >    - He is open to collaborate contacting local artists and communities
> >
> > - Hermant Sreekumar, NOISEOISEOISE
> >    - Live Coder artist, based somewhere nearby Kochi
> >    - Using the tools: Pure Data and Processing
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Joenio Marques da Costa
> Invited Researcher at Université Gustave Eiffel
> Research Software Engineer at LISIS
> Developer at CorTexT platform & RISIS Core Facility
> http://umr-lisis.fr/membre/joenio

For the content team,

 -- Santiago