Re: Photo permission checkbox

Hi Aigars (2020.07.19_11:07:49_+0000)
> I am considering assembling a Debconf20 group photo from participant
> mugshot photos in our registration system.

They are using libravatar. I think historically Gravatar used 80x80
images, so that's probably the quality available for most of them.

Downsides to getting mugshots from the registration system:
1. Quality probably won't be great.
2. Less than 40% of the users have them.
   Some people don't like to have their picture in services like
   Gravatar/libravatar.  Signups tend to use @debian.org addresses,
   which doesn't have a federated libravatar server.

> Can we add a checkbox to the form still? Something like: "Please include my
> mugshot photo in the Debconf20 group photo"?

Technically, yes, we could. Although I wish things like this came up
before we opened registration. Changes to the process mean we have to
prod people to go through it again.

>  I will then also need a hint on how I can get access to the mugshot files
> of people who checked that box.

We could get you a list of libravatar URLs, or a tarball of images.

But: I think we should look at some other approaches to getting
mugshots, too:

1. A temporary git repo?
2. A nextcloud or something like that.
3. A dedicated collection form in the registration site?
4. Email?

Or some/all of the above...

SR

--