Re: Committee Role: Helping build the debconf-team

Hi Sam,

On 13/11/2019 09:01, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Hi.
> We got some interesting feedback during the nominations process that I
> just finished following up with.
> It is consistent with feedback I got talking to people in DC19.
>
> There are concerns that the active debconf-team  is smaller than we'd
> like.
> In some cases it's been the local team plus not a lot else.

Yes, I agree with you.

> To emphasize: the committee's role is not to be the debconf team.
> Committee members may be active members of the debconf team, and
> certainly we need at least one or two who are very active in
> debconf-team.

I already expressed this opinion before, but I really believe all 5
Committee members must be part of debconf orga helping in at least one
of the teams. Specially when some teams need help because of lack of
people, for instance, sponsors team.

> The question is whether the committee should have a significant role in
> keeping track of how active the debconf team is and working to find
> volunteers to keep the organization vibrant.
> The proposal we got both in the nominations process and that we got in
> feedback at DC19 is that this should be a committee responsibility.

Yes, I think so.
I think the main role of choosing the next city is too little.

> As we approach thinking about any revisions to the delegation text, I
> wanted to start a discussion on this.
> How do we feel about that responsibility?  Is that something the
> committee should take on?
In my opinion, yes :-)

> Are there any changes to the delegation text we want to make in this
> regard?

I think you should emphasize that all members need to have time to help
debconf organization besides vote for the next city. If a member don't
have this time to dedicate to DebConf, it's better they ask to be replaced.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil