Bursaries quick update

Dear DebConf team

I doubt I'll be able to stay awake until the meeting tonight (midnight
local time), so here's a quick update on where we stand on bursaries:

 * Bursary requests have closed on time
 * We are just about on schedule
 * Each bursary request have been reviewed by at least 2
   referees
 * For travel, we currently have enough budget to reach
   about 50% of the total requested amounts (this actually
   translates to less then 50% of requests, since some of the
   top ranking people come from far and also has expensive flights)
 * Because of the above, we'll prepare a report for the DPL
   that explains who we'd really still like to see there and why,
   and what it would cost. Some travel requests are for really small
   amounts (some as low as $40) so it makes sense to cover such cases
   since hotel and food is cheap
 * If you're not on the debconf-team, do not contact the bursary team
   on the status of the above, harassing the bursary team will count
   negatively against your request
 * We aim to have the first set of results ready by 30 April and will
   publish them as soon as we can
 * Individuals who have not been able to get a bursary can go on a
   shortlist/waiting list since there's bound to be some cancelations

If you're a member of the general public, we'll communicate everything
in good time, the above is just a status update for the debconf team.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage