Re: Debconf20 will be in...

Just to add my grain of salt here:

On 2019-03-20 11:10 a.m., Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:18:44AM -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
>> On 3/20/19 9:52 AM, Daniel Lange wrote:
>> I think this part is not fair with countries outside Europe.
>> Yesterday on the #debconf utkarsh2102 said: "India would be bidding for
>> 2021."
>
> It seems fair to me. We had Asia last year, most people are not in Asia,
> 2020 is in Israel which is basically right between Asia and Africa, so
> it only seems fair to go back to where we where the longest time ago.
>
> 2015	Europe
> 2016	Africa
> 2017	North America
> 2018	Asia
> 2019	South America
> 2020	Israel, somewhere between Europe, Africa

DebConf was held in Asia only once *ever*.

DebConf's policy of moving around the world has the objective of going
towards regions where travel is more difficult so that folks there can
be reached out to.

It is my understanding that traveling from India to Europe or other
remote parts of the world is difficult

India was almost ready for a bid, but from what I hear couldn't find a
venue (which is the hardest part about bidding)

so.. if India wants to bid next year, it would be intersting to give
them a chance and not rule them out "to be fair to europeans"