Re: Closing DC17 Accounting

Hello,

  bg: Louis-Philippe would like Debian Treasurer team feedback on
those from IRC.

Missatge de Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org> del dia dt.,
22 de gen. 2019 a les 23:08:

> Hey folks,
>
> I've just had confirmation that SPI received Google's sponsorship for
> DebConf17. That was the last blocker for closing DC17's books.
>
> Under today's exchange rates, the ledger [1] looks like this:
>
>       202,743.95 USD  expenses
>           907.44 USD    childcare
>         5,142.28 USD    confdinner
>         1,519.19 USD      alcohol
>           745.21 USD      band
>         2,877.89 USD      venue
>             8.92 USD    content
>             7.45 USD    daytrip
>         1,347.32 USD    fees
>           429.26 USD      misc
>           760.86 USD      permits
>           157.20 USD      registration
>         1,238.01 USD    incidentals
>           840.72 USD      frontdesk
>            26.08 USD      phone
>           371.21 USD      transport
>         1,535.41 USD    insurance
>         8,413.34 USD    outreach:diversity
>       130,222.04 USD    roomboard
>         4,564.86 USD      bar
>         4,050.67 USD        drinks
>           514.19 USD        service
>        12,253.46 USD      debcamp
>         4,000.00 USD        classrooms
>         5,233.94 USD        food
>         3,019.52 USD        hotel
>       113,403.72 USD      debconf
>        42,615.66 USD        classrooms
>        52,044.57 USD        food
>        18,743.49 USD        mcgill
>           809.78 USD    sponsors:fulfillment
>         6,008.14 USD    swag
>         1,315.36 USD      bags
>         2,363.34 USD      shipping
>         2,199.45 USD      tshirts
>        42,578.87 USD    travel
>         4,524.96 USD    video
>
>      -219,392.10 USD  income
>       -18,481.12 USD    attendee:registration
>          -958.34 USD    confdinner:alcohol
>       -23,178.18 USD    roomboard
>        -4,477.22 USD      bar:drinks
>       -18,700.96 USD      debconf
>        -6,818.64 USD        classrooms
>       -11,882.32 USD        food
>      -176,774.47 USD    sponsors
>
> In my book that means we made ~17k USD.
>
> Is there anything that needs to be done to close the books officially?

What have been the DebConf procedures to close books and accounts in the past?
(Note: I am only familiar with dc15 which it is still an open issue).

Are those ~17k USD part of SPI? SPI earmarks Debian and DebConfX
separatedly, what would you like to do with DebConf17 leftover money?
I personally think it might be good to donate it to Debian SPI
account. It might be good to follow that procedure for previous
DebConfs earmarked money in SPI.
@Louis-Philippe Véronneau could you open a SPI RT ticket requesting
that Debconf17 and any previous DebConfs balances to be donated to
Debian SPI (if you agree)?
(Alternatively and less appealing, you could get a DebConf17 logo in
the DebConf19 site by donating those leftovers </joke>)

Thanks for all your work!

Regards,
--