Re: Congratulations to "Towel day" (Was: Towels for DebConf 18)

Hi,

Actually towel is on our stretch goal of DebConf18 if we have more sponsors.

Still not late though. We already contacted companies for towel.

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 20:01 Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 12:48:24PM +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> > I wonder how the idea to have Debian towels for DebConf progressed.  I
> > admit I did not followed up but I remain on thinking that this is a
> > really cool idea.  I have not much time but if it needs some more hand
> > to realise this I try to do my best.
>
> AFAIR the minimum quantities killed it this time around. With typical
> minimum orders of around a 1000 to keep it somewhat cost-efficient,
> that's a lot of extra (space-taking) towels for someone to lug back
> somewhere after DebConf.

I do not really want to insist but by pure chance I could probably carry
back 10kg (no idea how many towels that might be).  I'll drop in at
my Vietnamese daughter before DebConf.  She is pregnant and I'll bring
a lot of stuff what grandfathers bring.  I was just wondering what to
do with my empty trunk on my way back ... :-)

Just in case that might be an extra data point for a decision that
might be open.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--