[DebConf19] Updates 0

Hi, news from brazilian lands.

I'm writing below some updates from DC19 Local Team.

0) We are organizing the tasks as issues on the DC19 "data" repository, and
assigning them to monthly milestone. So to see what we are up to for September,
for example:

https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc19/milestones, then "2018.09"
what leads to
https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc19/milestones/2

1) The DC19 website was updated with a lot of content. We also migrated many
texts from the wiki because there were many pages with usufull information that
should be ready by website visitors.  Thanks Stefano for the review and
your patience :-)

https://debconf19.debconf.org

2) We discussed on the #debconf-team channel about dates and we could build a
consensus around these:

* January: Opening of attendee registration and requesting bursaries (to have a
  day, a inserted 15th in important dates page)
* 03/31: Last day for requesting bursaries
* 04/31: Bursaries decision

3) We received the first draft (in portuguese) of the contract from the hotel.
We are fixing some parts and asking some questions to them. We will have more
information soon.  Martin Michlmayr from SPI said to us we can use his credit
card to pay the hotel.

4) We started to work on the DC19 sponsoring brochure and flyer.

https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc19/tree/master/fundraising

5) We will have a meeting with the university restaurant nutritionist on
october because the administration will change in the end of september. So, we
have to wait until there.

6) We are planning a sprint here in Curitiba with members of the local team who
live in other cities. This will happen on october during the free software
event called "FTSL". We will have a track about Debian, so, they will come to
talk in this event too. Thanks to the DPL for approving related expenses.

https://wiki.debian.org/Brasil/Eventos/MiniEventoFTSL2018

7) We were in an event called "linuxdev-br" in Campinas (state of São Paulo),
and we did a lightning talk about DebConf19 [1]. Here in Curitiba we did a ligthing
talking too in the event SciPyLA (conference about scientific computing in
Python in Latin America) [2].

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2GXWdpz7J4&feature=youtu.be&t=53m50s
[2] https://youtu.be/wMTYFuA7uU4?t=2h51m27s

Ps1: Now I know the meaning of "pun" :-)
Ps2: "cheesy variety" is a pun :-)

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil

Apoie a campanha pela igualdade de gênero #HeForShe (#ElesPorElas)
http://www.heforshe.org/pt