Re: Bootstrapping DC19 accounting

On 2018-08-14 08:53, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:

> ----- Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org> escreveu:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've done a bunch of work to bootstrap the DC19 accounting. I tried to
>> bring it back closer to what was done for dc15-dc17 but incorporate good
>> ideas from dc18.
>>
>> I am not a ledger-cli wizard nor a professional accountant, so if you
>> have time and opinions on how the DebConf accounting should be done,
>> please have a look:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc19/tree/master/budget
>
> Should we add values in R$ and use wrapper to convert them to U$?
>
> Or we convert them "by hand" and add?

All transactions should be entered in ledger in their original currency.
 Ledger manages all exchange rates automatically and you can get an
output in currency Y by using the wrapper script with `-X Y`.

i.e.

'$ ./wrapper -X USD bal' will give you the account balance in USD.

'$ ./wrapper -X BRL bal' will give you the account balance in BRL.

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Louis-Philippe Véronneau