Re: TMSC Hsinchu tours

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSMC is the world's largest semiconductor
> company, with its headquarters and main operations located in the
> Hsinchu Science and Industrial Park in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
>
> Tomorrow I will get on the telephone with them inquiring about tours and
> museums, etc.

I note that my kids are too young for this tour (according to the FAQs),
which is a bit of a shame (since my 6 year old seemed rather keen to see
where computer chips were made), but understandable.

While noticing that on the FAQ, I also noticed the bit about groups
being limited to 15, and only 5 groups per day, which seems to suggest
that we're trying to book more people than they can handle.  See:

  http://www.tsmcmoi.com/en/faq

Anyway, I suspect that I can just show Alexandra the "Fab_Tour" video
here, and she'll get quite a lot out of it anyway:

  http://www.tsmc.com/english/newsEvents/dc_video.htm#

(is that worth linking to as well?)

Looking at the gallery information, I am now thinking that Alexandra
(and I for that matter) might run out of things to look at in their
museum rather quickly -- it seems pretty small -- is this really enough
for a day trip? or is the tour supposed to somehow include a chance to
look around more of their facilities?  (I am guessing not, since I'd
assume that one would have to sign NDAs etc).

Cheers, Phil.