Media partner for debconf

Dear Friends,

I have been writing on and off for itsfoss.com for about a year now.
Due to forgetfulness, I forgot to announce debconf18 on itsfoss.com
which I hope to rectify before the end of the week.

While talking with my editor about the debconf article I was asked by
my editor if there is possibility about becoming media partner and if
so then I'll have the responsibility of covering debconf.org

First I dunno how Debian would look at it and if it they like it, what
sort of expectations would be from them ?

The way I look at it, while the opportunity does it have upsides,
talking to all the sponsors and highlighting the synergies with
Debian, talking to various presenters about the talks they are and
would be giving, covering the wine-cheese party as well as the open
day :)

Much as I would like to  take the opportunity, it will definitely cut
down both on the 'me' downtime as well as number of talks/workshops I
have proposed, would have to sacrifice something somewhere.

I am not sure what would be a good way forward in making the Debian
folks happy, my editor happy as well as myself. Hence have also
addressed debian-publicity as Laura has considerable experience and
expertise as she has been handling debian-publicity for quite sometime
now and Gunnar being the content head may probably have a tip or two
for me as well.

If somebody has done some similar initiative before, it might be
helpful in figuring the above.

If people feel the conversation should be continued off-list I'm also
happy with that, just let me know what would be a good way going
forward, would continue therein. I am open both ways.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल