Re: Establish DebConf2018 Facebook page

at bottom :-

On 07/02/2018, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:
> As we know, Facebook's penetration in Taiwan is the highest in the word.
> Therefore without a
> https://www.facebook.com/DebConf18 , or better yet
> https://www.facebook.com/DebConf2018 Facebook page,
> (in addition to https://debconf18.debconf.org/ )
> well, people (and businesses that we are trying to cooperate with)
> just won't think we're for real.

Dear all,

I am ok with posting content on the facebook page but need somebody
who has an eye for design to make the fb page (should be attractive) .

Some ideas for the page are easy -

a. Debconf 18 logo (do we have the logo in svg as the one on
debconf18.debconf.org looks quite small).
b. When, where and dates
c. Sponsors with sponsor labels and backlinks to their own fb pages
(if there are)
d. Maybe a link to meettaiwan page as well
e. News as and when things evolve - A tentative dates for cfp (call
for proposals) perhaps and events beyond that.
f. An FAQ - somethings which we could use from couple of years ago and
add to it.

I am willing to make a page but it would be like a 5 year old has done
it. I would recommend having somebody from either design or UX to do
it. But if people want somebody to initiate the page, I'm willing to
it provided I'm given the go-ahead and have some support as haven't
done anything like this. The time overheads itself would probably be
nightmare (i.e. if it does generate some interest. )

One major concern though is from what little I remember, shared logins
were lost/barred couple of years ago. So if more than one people wants
to work on the page, the only option is business.facebook.com

I dunno if we want to go down that path.

Also we would have to consider as a community facebook terms and
conditions as well.

The only way I see it would be to have a group of people who would be
willing to support and improve the page. One idea which might be
workable or not is to have the debian (CC-by-SA 3.0 unported) logo as
a transparent background throughout the page.

There is also some sort of search functionality that would need to be
on the page

There are also facebook's terms and conditions, how do we work with that ?

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php along with others and
what would it mean for our own take on centralized social media
constructs.

One other idea is to have a minimal page with the content above and
give a prominent link to diaspora pod or some other social media site
with whom the community is more ok with.

Thoughts, ideas and feedback welcome.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल