Re: [Debconf-team] Content team: Our current status, next steps

Reply in-line :-

On 15/07/2017, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

<snipped>

> I really don't get this. We have a talks team, which decides about
> talks and workshops and all that. And then we have self-scheduling where
> talks and workshops which werent accepted by the content team get
> self scheduled?!?
>
> Will those self scheduled event end up in the same rooms as the others,
> filing the time tables even more, putting more load on attendees and
> video volunteers alike?

Dear all,

While sadly I'll not be attending the conference, from what little
exposure of conferences I have had in India, having self-scheduled
talks are cool. Many a times people do get inspired to give/share
something after hearing a talk or two. I have experienced and have
seen people overcoming their shyness and sharing whatever they know.
Sometimes, it may be boring, at times controversial and sometimes
downright useful.

In either of the scenarios, I believe and think it adds a bit of
character to the conference rather than taking it away.

FWIW, I highly enjoyed the lightning talks given on-topic and
off-topic in Debconf 16 and if memory serves right, most of them were
scheduled last-minute.

I hope this one tradition is encouraged rather than being discouraged.

<snipped>

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल