Re: [Debconf-team] Review DC18 sponsor email template

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 12:00:01PM +0000, debconf-team-request@lists.debconf.org wrote:

> Hi <sponsor contact>,
>
> <I was given your name and email address by <referral> as the person
> to contact> <I discovered your name in search for contacts>
> regarding possible sponsorship of the next annual Debian developers'
> conference, "DebConf18". <Maybe a reason why we think they'd be
> interested in sponsoring, e.g. do they use Debian?>

My suggestion is to not miss an opportunity to personalize this email.  A
reason why they might be interested shows that we have taken an interest in
them.  Interest tends to be reciprical in my experience.  A form letter is
easily trashed whereas they will likely notice and appreciate any interest
we have shown in them.

Richard