Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf lists migration to lists.debian.org

On 17.09.2017 16:50, Daniel Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the DebConf team is currently preparing another try to migrate the
> DebConf specific infrastructure to Debian, DSA supported, solutions.
>
> Along this we would like to migrate the mailing lists
>
> Debconf-announce         Debconf Announcements
> Debconf-discuss          Discussions about Debconf
> Debconf-sponsors-team    DebConf Sponsors Team List
> Debconf-team             Organizer Team
> Debconf-video            Video Team

Because the ML address will change, could we change the name of
"debconf-sponsors-team". Some people still think it is for bursaries.

"fundraising" (which is IMHO less confusing than the "bursaries" on the
other side) or "supporting" are IMHO good names (dropping the -team suffix)

> from lists.debconf.org to lists.debian.org (including their mailing list
> archives).
>
> Is this something you can support?
>
> FYI: We are drafting an email to DSA at
> https://pad.sfconservancy.org/p/mtvpbvwuWu
> collecting all the migration tasks. The Mailing list one is Task #2.
> You can also add feedback there for us to incorporate into the mail to
> DSA / DSA tickets we create.
> (The internal deadline for that mail draft is 25.09.17 23:59 AoE.)

Antispam on l.d.o is good, so I assume we will no need moderation (which
IIRC it is not provided by listmaster).

But for announce, we need to restrict posting (and replying), and
unfortunately not all orga are (yet) DD or in any keyring.  How do you
think we can implement such restriction?

ciao
	cate