Re: [Debconf-team] Two user names tille + tille1 trouble

at bottom :-

On 14/04/2017, Daniel Lange <DLange@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Am 14.04.2017 um 07:23 schrieb Andreas Tille:
>> I've registered now as user "tille" (without the appended 1).
>> As this user I can not even see my registrations since links like
> [...]
>
> Talk URLs return 403 until they have been approved by the content team.
> This is by design in wafer (the registration and talks submission system
> we're using currently), see further below.
>
> I moved your submitted talks to the "tille" user you created and deleted
> the "tille1" user.
>
>> PS: Is there any request tracker for such issues?
>
> registration@dc.o is not backed by RT (thank God) but we work through
> the requests we received there as time permits and so far haven't lost
> many :).
> as 50 people less need to read requests which at the same time can't fix
> anything in wafer.
>
> Just FTR, for wafer upstream there is an issue tracker via github here:
> https://github.com/CTPUG/wafer
> (this obviously is for not-DebConf-specific issues with wafer)
> Allowing submitted talks to be public is tracked under
> https://github.com/CTPUG/wafer/issues/252
>
> Kind regards,
> Daniel

While I'm not sure whether writing on the github issue is fine my
thoughts are as below -

As an interested person, I would suggest having some sort of privacy
flip-flop built-in and letting the speakers/proposal makers/talk
submitter also decide if they want to make the talk public or not.

Many a time people title their talk mysteriously and are gladly
surprised. Having all the content before-hand would ruin the surprise
for many, including myself (putting the attendee hat on) .

Of course, somebody could do social engineering where the talk
submitted and the talk given may be in opposition of the content but
such may be very rare.

Looking forward to some sort of switch, hopefully in time for debconf 18, yeah.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल