[Debconf-team] default options for debconf mail options - Receiving mail which don't match topic filter.

Dear all,

I subscribed to debconf-team few weeks ago using the default options
provided. Just like that, I went to the web archives and found out
Tammy's mail (the poster looks real good Tammy) and was non-plussed as
to why I didn't get that mail.

It turned out that there is a toggle switch of Yes/No in the mail options for :-

Do you want to receive messages that do not match any topic filter?

This option only takes effect if you've subscribed to at least one
topic above. It describes what the default delivery rule is for
messages that don't match any topic filter. Selecting No says that if
the message does not match any topic filters, then you won't get the
message, while selecting Yes says to deliver such non-matching
messages to you.

If no topics of interest are selected above, then you will receive
every message sent to the mailing list.

Could it be made (somehow) so that existing users mail options are as
it is but for new users and newbies the default is yes as they might
also get into the same trap as me.

It is also possible that the default Option of 'No' is in all the
mailing lists as well.

It is unlikely that I changed it as I became aware of this option only
when I was trying to find the reasons for that mail not appearing.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल