Re: [Debconf-team] Was the DC15 final report cancelled?

also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2016-02-09 00:33 +1300]:
> I can't find it.

Most of the final report content is done. Given the circumstances,
I've suggested an alternative approach on 2015-12-11 (sent to
dc-sponsors-team, and attached to this mail now).

The finances are done:

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/FinalReport/Finances

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Brian, dear fundraising team,

considering that we lost all momentum working on the DC15 final
report a while ago and that it's still not done, I've been given the
final report concept some thought, and I'd like to propose that we
get rid of the final report as we know it, assuming that this isn't
going to alienate our sponsors.

We've already started collecting content on the wiki, and 80% of it
all is more or less done. The big final step would be to pull this
into a TeX file and brush up the layout, and I personally get
demotivated even thinking about that. Maybe it was a mistake to
collect on the wiki and think we'd later port to TeX, at the time it
sounded like the right approach.

Anyway, it'll be a lot easier to just slap a nice index/table of
contents onto the wiki and brush up the content a big, than to do
the porting, and it would leave us more time to work on what matters
more, which is DC16.

Do you think that we could communicate this to the sponsors
properly? I.e. say that we're trying to streamline our processes and
make better use of volunteer time towards organising a conference,
and that we've therefore decided to abandon the idea of "publishing"
a final report and instead provide reports on the wiki, where they
aren't bound to be static and are more accessible to the team as
well?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`