[Debconf-team] DC17 bid deadline

Folks,

December is around the corner and with it comes the DC17 bid
deadline. We've been (intentionally?) vague about what exactly this
means, but I think it's time that we pulled tight the strings.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BidProcess speaks of a 1 December
deadline. I've reached out to the three teams we know are planning
to bid, and they are mostly ready, but closing the bid submission
next week seems a bit sudden given that we missed sending out
a reminder a few weeks ago and there may be others, too…

Unless people have a better suggestion by the weekend, I propose
that we send a reminder this week and announce 2015-12-15 as the
submission deadline, giving people two additional weeks and getting
this over and done with well before Christmas.

I'd be happy to send this reminder this weekend, unless someone else
steps up.

The bid decision can still be made by 2016-01-31.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17