Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf15 Thank you ad.

Donald Norwood dijo [Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 05:14:40PM -0500]:
> Dear Team,
>
> The Thank You advertisement for DC15 is close to completion, there are 3
> versions on one theme available for viewing here:
>
> http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/tmp/
>
> Please be vocal and let us know of the 3 which you would prefer (and
> what changes should be made).

I would go with something similar to ad2.png, with the following
changes:

- Black text over red swirl is not so good. Also, the red features of
  the lion get lost over a red swirl. Maybe if the swirl was in
  Debian's official pinkish color, with ~30% solidity (70%
  transparency), it would look better. Yes, red is part of the DC15
  identity, and it would be preserved in the lion+text on top.

  I know that ad3 was reflowed for that reason, but IMHO that kind of
  reflowing results in a childish, unprofessional image.

- I would add the bottom text from ad5.png, I believe it is important
  information to include. I prefer it in text form and not in logo
  form (as in ad5a.png) as it overloads with a different meaning and
  becomes more a distraction than real information.

- The sponsor logos area should be the biggest possible, as in
  ad2.png.

Thanks!

(oh, and you said "be vocal". They are all great, and I have no design
qualifications to base my points other than "I think that"... But you
asked us to be vocal! :) )