Re: [Debconf-team] Kanban, dependencies, priorities, Gantt, …

Hi all

El 12/10/15 a las 16:19, Raoul Snyman escribió:
>> So something in the middle would be useful, e.g. a Kanban with a
>> (implicit, automatic) list "waiting for other tasks", containing
>> all the jobs that can't yet be done, and which are automatically
>> moved to "to-do" as soon as the dependencies are completed.
>
> We use Kanban at work, and the way we use it we have "stories" and
> "tasks". Each story is made up of up to 5 tasks, and each task is
> a smallish unit of work. We have colour codes for our tasks, and we
> manage dependencies by completing what tasks we need to do, and
> then using purple tasks as "blockers" - something that is outside
> of your control, but that you need to continue - to indicate that
> you cannot continue the story until the blocker has been resolved.
> It's not as "elegant" as a Gantt chart, but it helps us to manage
> our dependencies.
>
> Not sure if this would work for DebConf, but you're welcome to the
> idea ;-)

For people wanting to play with Kanban boards:

* There are two kanban apps available in sandstorm: Scrumblr and Wekan.
* I have created one document of each, available for tests and
playgrounds:

Test Scrumblr: http://deb.li/testscrum
Test Wekan : http://deb.li/testwekan

* I have created two more documents, available for DebConf16 (ideally,
we would use only one of them, since both are kanban boards)

Kanban Scrumblr Board for DebConf16
http://deb.li/dc16scrum

Wekan Kanban for DebConf16
http://deb.li/dc16wekan

If you need more/other "documents", just tell, and I will create them
ASAP. Or, you can go to https://storm.debian.net/ and ask for an
invitation and create and share yourselves.

For Gantt/project management, I know openproj and libreplan. I played
with both them some time ago, just to know if I could recommend them
to people that use Microsoft Project in the Uni. I would say they are
enough good, but I cannot give an opinion about using Gantt for actual
project management, I have no experience on that.

Regards
--
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona