Re: [Debconf-team] Drinking water in HD

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> wrote:
> (This may be a combination of being used to UK plumbing where tap water
> in private bathrooms used to commonly be stored in attic tanks

This trauma from the past is also why the UK still has separate taps
for warm and cold ;)

> and
> having experienced plenty of US restrooms that stated "non potable
> water" on their taps.)

Is that really the case, though? Or do they just label it to avoid
lawsuits/people drinking free water? Maybe in places where they purify
it locally, if those exist?

Richard

PS: Yes, I know you can get free tap water pretty much everywhere in the US