From: Carla Goldstein <carla@tedxcapetown.org>
Date: Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: TEDx mobile app attendee profile?
To: justin beswick <justin@tedxcapetown.org>
Cc: Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com>, Craig Wattrus <cwattrus@gmail.com>

Hey Bernelle

Thanks for reaching out. For last year's event we made an app which was basically a digital version of the programme.

You can check them out here:
Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tedx.capetown.app&hl=en
iStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tedxct-2014/id903430921?ls=1&mt=8

You can view the source code here:

They are pretty standard, nothing fancy. All the code is native (objective C and Java) and not very well documented :/

It looks as if you are needing an attendee login though? We didn't get that far, but I am hoping to add that in version 2.  The original TED sponsored TEDx apps (remember AppBaker?) used something called WeLink which I think was somehow using Eventbrite in a pretty crappy way. I don't know much about open source attendee management, but maybe you can make use of the google+ and facebook login APIs to manage users.

I havent started working on the apps again this year due to time, but if you have devs interested in collaborating I'd be keen to explore that (maybe from June only though).

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Carla Goldstein
CTO TEDxCapeTown