[Debconf-team] Interest in conferize.com?

Folks,

I've been contacted by the team behind conferize.com and I think
they are interested in giving us a free account, as well as access
to our data to prevent lock-in. conferize seems like a conference
management system (not including registration) built on Web 2.0
basics, which could very well make an interesting addition to
DebConf (DC16 and beyond). I am not entirely sure how it would fit
in with our summit-or-whatever-is-next ecosystem, but it might well
be worth a bit of research, if this appears viable. Oh, and I am not
affiliated, in case you had your doubts.

I've already hinted that we're proud to run our conference entirely
using Free software (which we don't, at least not when you include
payment processors), but I figure that I should not just turn down
this offer without having at least floated the idea here.

I am sure there are plenty people opposed to the idea. But are there
people interested in pursuing this and investigating whether there's
an overlap between their offering and our needs and culture?

Thanks,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org