Re: [Debconf-team] I get by with a little help from my friends

Hey Allison

On 10/12/2015 19:15, Allison Randal wrote:
Things are a bit up in the air at the moment, but the day-to-day
practicalities of DebConf are pretty much the same as always. It would
help me enormously to briefly hear what folks are planning to work on in
the coming months. I'm not concerned about structure or teams or
whatever. Out of all the ordinary tasks we have to do every year, where
do you think you'll spend your time?

I'll start. I plan to work on:
- Fundraising
- Maybe content if we need the help
- On-site general assistance, wherever help is needed (pickup coffee and
printer paper? sure!)

Thanks for all the positivity, it makes my blackened little heart glow a little :)

I was originally planning on spending a lot of time on website related things over the next month, but it turns out we have plenty of people competent people working on that already (which is great!), so for the rest of December and part of January I'll give some focus on the wiki and try to turn more of the redlinks around on https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16. It would be nice if some people could step up and take responsibility for some subsections. Rhonda will take care of Poetry Night, for example.

Besides that I've been contacting guest houses and expanding that to more hotels: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Accomodation/External - will be fleshing that out more as time goes by.

I'd like to help/organise a team for attendee support, which includes things like helping/guiding them from the airport to their accommodation, getting a sim card, etc, etc. I think Nigel mentioned some interest in taking the trip from the airport to UCT a few times so that we can put together a nice guide so maybe we can do that together.

Sorry that's probably too many details so in a nutshell I'm still figuring it out but for now: - Fleshing out the wiki (which is in itself a form of planning and co-ordination) - Contacting external accommodation and enquiring about internet / group discount / family rooms
- Starting to plan ahead for attendee support
- Still happy to do anything web team needs, even if that turns out to be bringing pizza and beer for a sprint

-Jonathan