Re: [Debconf-team] Website meeting: tonight 18:00 UTC (Was Re: website presence meeting: crunch time.)

Hi all

I'm not sure I can attend the meeting (maybe follow reading only by
mobile), so here you are my comments:

El 07/10/15 a las 12:00, Bernelle Verster escribió:
> Hi all
>
> Summarising this thread:
>
> You are all *amazing*:
> * By consensus we agree to develop wafer for DebConf16.
> * We also managed to get a static site up - larjona, we need the
> brochure on it please, which is now also done \o/ [0].

Done, but I've linked to
http://media.debconf.org/dc16/fundraising/debconf16_sponsorship_brochure.pdf
instead, I think that link is better.

> I think tonight's meeting will be more of a website sprint, so not all
> need to attend (see [2] for my reasoning with this... )
>
> Agenda for meeting [1]:
> 1. Who is involved with which tasks regarding the website
> 2. Deadline for system decision:
> Next, can we decide a date by which time wafer is developed enough to
> demonstrate the system, to people with dc-orga experience relating to
> the registration system, let them formulate questions and then write
> up a plan of
>   - what can already be done
>   - what needs to be implemented
>   - and how one would implement each feature, along with
>     a conservative time estimate.
>
> Stefano mentioned this has already started: <link>
> Can this process be completed by say, 31 October?
>
> Also, not being a competent website-y person, as poker, am I going
> about this the right way?
>
> 3.1. Design (colours, fonts) - Feedback on template proposal (there's
> a very big one on git - will be smaller soon?... put link here) - can
> stand over until next week if needed?

I still don't know which is the official logo (if there is only one...).
As soon as the logo is decided, please send me an URL to the image, so I
can get it and make the square or round icon for planet.debian.org

> 3.2. Overall structure of website

Note that in addition to the website (debconf16.debconf.org), there is also:

http://blog.debconf.org/blog << general blog for DebConfs
http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf16/  <<< DebConf16 category in
DebConf blog: creation pending! (and I don't know how to do it, though I
could research a bit if nobody else knows).

The posts written in the blog(s) will appear in planet.debconf.org with
the logo that I've asked in 3.1 (currently, they would appear with
DebConf15 logo).

In DebConf15 website, there was a frame "News" in the website homepage
that showed the http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf16/ posts.

Rationale of this configuration: frankly, I'm not sure (it was like that
when I began to get involved), but I suppose that this config both
satisfy Debianers accostumed to follow the Debian news in the planet
(and don't caring too much about DebConf website, since important
announcements are sent by email too), and non-debianers that will
usually go to the DebConfNN website to get news about DebConf (and need
not only the blog info, but also all the website info about the venue,
sponsors, etc).

I suppose that you should decide if replicating this structure in wafer,
and how, or handle in a different way.

> 3.3.  Content (pre-written and matrix)

I've moved to the wiki the summary of Publicity channels and the
brainstorming about content that I remember to have been posted in
DebConf15. Please have a look and note that we have more channels
available for publishing/mirroring, not only the website:

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Publicity

Regards

--
Laura Arjona