Re: [Debconf-team] Resignation

Martín Ferrari dijo [Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 03:27:09PM +0300]:
> DebConf team members, Debian Project Leader,
> (...)
> Sadly, our efforts have been met with such a resistance by a very vocal
> minority, that in the end the atmosphere has become unbearably toxic --
> for us and for many others. For the benefit of the team, but more
> importantly for our own health, we have decided to step down.
>
> Despite working very hard for a long time trying to follow our mandate,
> it has become patently clear that some people will keep boycotting any
> efforts at consensus-building until their particular vision is applied.
> The "argue until everyone else goes away" approach, which has previously
> driven away a number of long-term team members, has now succeeded even
> with us Chairs.
> (...)

I'm very sad to see this happen — And yes, you do have my full
understanding in this course of action.

For one, as I participated in the DC14 assessment/reorganization
sessions you led, I really admire your work and energy, even though
the organization style you tried to push for was completely different
from what I considered best. It was your time to push for changes, and
you did a full analysis to keep DebConf as one of Debian's most
lively, successful, loved subprojects.

And yes, I agree with how you feel now. I was mostly uninvolved during
this past cycle due to many well-known real life pressures, so I'm not
among those driven away by the approach you mention... But I clearly
recognize it and resent it.

Thanks a lot for your work in the past ~two years, for a great project
bet, for all of your time and patience. And hope to keep working with
all of you in many other Debian projects.