Re: [Debconf-team] website presence meeting: crunch time.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2015-10-04 19:49 +0200]:
>> Decide on which system(s) are being developed as contenders for the
>> DC16 website. (If we feel we can decide to only go with wafer, that
>> would be *amazing*)
>
> I would be happy if wafer was the system we need and which does
> everything for us. I'd be quite happy to retire my Odoo plans for
> now. I will be using Odoo for another conference in May 2016 and
> then will have a lot more info.
>
> Maybe the best next step would be to get a wafer tour, e.g.
> a screencast or an IRC tutorial, showing off the functionality, so
> that we can convince everyone that it's the most promising solution
> and worthy of investing time?

So I think that will happen anyways, wafer is one of the 'contenders'.
I guess to rephrase, are there any other serious contenders?
And if not, and we are *not* convinced by wafer by the deadline
(albeit unlikely), what then? Summit?

Said another way, if we do the *amazing*, and wafer is the way to go,
are we confident that it will carry us all the way through, or do we
still need to see it's stuff by the deadline to find out what else
needs to be planned for? Can we say, yes, we are 100% behind wafer,
and we need to know what its limitations are by the deadline (e.g. 31
October) so we can fix those things in time?