Re: [Debconf-team] Reference letters for hostel/venue/confdinner etc.

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> Folks,
>
> I don't think I am alone in saying that we were supported by really
> great people, whether at the venue, the conf dinner, or the
> transportation.
>
> Similarly, all of the people that helped us spoke in high terms of
> us and the DebConf15 participants.
>
> I've thus agreed with most of them to exchange reference letters.
> For us, such letters will mean easier negotiations in the future, as
> they could well bridge the initial scepticisms ("computer nerds? 400
> of them? omgwtf?"), and also help in other ways.
>
> I've drafted the four most salient letters (in German) here:
>   https://titanpad.com/9YXkNT8ohS
> and welcome corrections, additions, feedback, whatever. Sorry for
> the language (I'll make sure the letters we receive are in English),
> but I still chose to send this mail to all of you so that you're all
> in the loop.
>
> I think it would be really useful if we could get reference letters
> from DC13 and DC14 as well, and keep collecting those in future
> years. Gaudenz, Didier, Steve, Patty, everyone: do you think this
> is still possible, and if you think it's a good idea, would you be
> willing to try?

We had a letter from Daisy at Columbia (DC10) that if not already part
of this collection, should be.  She wrote it for us at very short
notice, in support of Nicaragua.

I seem to have somehow allowed the copy I got to be deleted here -- I
think it got mis-classified as spam, and I've since dropped a lot of the
contents of that folder, but Richard Darst had a copy, and I think it
ended up in SVN.

Cheers, Phil.