[Debconf-team] Managing volunteers during DebConf

Hello -team,

We would like to improve our use of volunteers during DebConf.  In the
past we sometimes did quite well at recruiting and using volunteers for
the video team and for talk management roles, but we also left a lot of
people who wanted to volunteer unused, while sometimes lacking people
for particular tasks when they needed to be done.

Please could someone from each team let us know the tasks for which you
could use additional volunteers?

As an implementation detail, we are looking at using a volunteer
tracking system within Summit.  You can check in
https://summittest.debconf.org/debconf15/volunteers/  [warning: it is
still beta, and work in progress].

If you think that for your task / team such system will be useful,
please lets it know (mail or IRC) and please put into
http://whiteboard.debian.net/838d22.wb an import template (see
https://github.com/jrial/fosdem-volunteers/blob/master/volunteers/init_data/generic_tasks.xml
) .

For video and talk related volunteers, we have already added to the
system these roles:
- video-team: coordinator:
--- 1 (for each talk in the 3 rooms with video)
- video-team: director:
--- 1 (for each talk in the 3 rooms with video)
- video-team: sound mixer:
--- 1 (for each talk in the 3 rooms with video)
- video-team: camera:
--- 2 (for each talk in the 3 rooms with video)

content: 1 talk master:
--- 1  (maybe min 0 on non video room)
content: moderators/mic:
--- 1 (0-2) (for each talk in the 3 rooms with video)

We will put such talk related tasks in a grid schedule (like pentabarf)
https://summittest.debconf.org/debconf15/grids/ so to have a better
overview.

ciao
     cate